Saturday, October 23, 2010

I notice one calf bigger than the other since my knees surgery. is this usual? someone lend a hand?

I notice one calf bigger than the other since my knees surgery. is this usual? someone lend a hand?
How long ago was the surgery? It is average if it hasn't been super long after surgery. If it have been several months after surgery you probably should address to your doctor who did the surgery, and bring this question up to them.
First a couple question:
- How long ago did your surgery take place?
- How intensive be it?
- Which calf is larger, the one that was operate on?
I also just have knee surgery. Last week I took a three story spatter and fractured my (left leg) tibial plateau, tore the MCL, and stretched the ACL. This required a rather intensive surgery (took place on 7/6/07) and disappeared about 25 staples along an 8 inch incision from the top of my knees to about mid calf. I own also noticed that the leg that be operated on is relatively larger than the other. I spoke with the Ortho more or less this and he mentioned that most of it was due to swelling (fluid buildup), from both the injury and the operation. The swelling will shrinking over time (probably several weeks) depending on the severity of your injury/surgery and more than likely return to a symmetrical size.

No comments:

Post a Comment